Please join us in managing the Foundation and providing educational opportunities for the leaders of tomorrow in the Philippines!
Much of the business of the Foundation is conducted over the internet today, so you don’t need to live in Washington, DC to help out. If you have a little extra time to contribute, the Foundation can always use a few extra hands in the following functional areas:
- Financial Management/Administration
- Database Management
- Newsletter, Balitaan (published spring & fall each year)
- Constant Contact (periodic email newsletter)
- Website Management
- Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- Student Affairs (managing student files, essays, etc.)
If you would prefer to just dip in a toe rather jump in, you can:
- Send the names and addresses of the volunteers you keep in contact with so we can add them to our mailing list
- Host a small gathering of Philippine RPCVs living in your area (we can provide the list)
- Make a tax deductible contribution to the general scholarship fund to support deserving, financially needy Filipino students
- Get together with your RPCV group or friends and colleagues to support a PCAFPD scholar through our special scholarship program
- Support an individual scholar for a scholar from a particular province/region for a contribution of $1,500 per year (sponsors receive copies of student essays and letters through the Foundation)
- Write a letter of recommendation for a scholarship applicant (see the scholarship application section for more information)
- Send a letter to a community leader/high school principal you know in the Philippines telling them about the Foundation so they can recommend applicants (or tell us the names and addresses and we will send the letter)
- Attend a Foundation Board meeting in Washington, D.C. – RPCVs and supporters are always welcome!
- Tell your friends about us!
Or email us and tell us how you’d like to get involved – we’re always open to new ideas to make the Foundation even better! Thank you for your support!